Last updated: 01 October 2017
At Outside The Box Holidays, we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you.
References to ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means Outside The Box Holidays Ltd.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, Outside The Box Holidays may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travellers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our representatives.
Information that we collect (such as about your health or religion) may be considered “sensitive information” under the Data Protection Act. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we only accept sensitive information on the condition that we have your consent.
If you visit our website we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in our advertising or on our website. All participants of Outside The Box Holidays trips authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details below.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to a newsletter, use our website, link to or from our website, connect with us via social media, by speaking to us or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from partners performing services on our behalf; and
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information within our company for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes. Any marketing purposes will be conducted in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, payment processors, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
Trans-Border Data Flows
In providing our services to you we use a number of cloud-based services including, but not necessarily limited to, Squarespace, Google, Microsoft, and Stripe. Where possible, we elect to have our data stored in data-centres located within the European Union. However, service providers and other third-party recipients who are registered in the United States may be required to provide information under the USA PATRIOT Act H.R. 3162, without our knowledge or consent.
Where we disclose your personal information to a third-party overseas recipient, your personal information will generally be received in the country in which the recipient will provide the services to you or in which their business is based. Unless otherwise contemplated herein or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
Security of Information
Outside The Box Holidays will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Credit card security
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Credit card information is transmitted directly to our payment gateway provider.
- We do not have visibility of your credit card number or other card details.
- We receive confirmation of the amount paid, linked to your email address and the transaction (booking) to which the payment relates.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How do I access and correct my personal information?
You can enquire about personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however we will endeavour to deal with your request sooner.
You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using the contact details below. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Marketing and Privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email. If you no longer wish to receive these updates, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
You can contact our Privacy Officer by:
- calling us on +44 (0)20 3239 1316
- emailing us at email@example.com
- by post to Privacy Officer, Outside The Box Holidays Ltd, Unit 3, Grant Rd, London SW11 2NU, United Kingdom
Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.